Here’s a new prompt. If you try it, post your results in a comment responding to this message.
Pick 3 of the following and write a stanza or paragraph about each one. Don’t worry at first if each piece connects to the next one (the very different nature of the prompts is intentional). If they remain as 3 separate pieces, that’s fine:
- A woman working in a diner
- You have just landed on another planet
- A description of a bag
- How do you get yourself to do something when you don’t want to do it?
- Description of an animal out of its natural habitat
- A conversation between two people who usually don’t like talking to each other, but this time it’s different
When you’re done the individual pieces, try writing one more paragraph/stanza that connects, concludes, or otherwise follows from the first 3. Even though they might, in fact, remain as 3 separate pieces, you might be surprised at what can happen in this 4th part.
Thanks for visiting www.pulpcity.wordpress.com – feel free to link to us on your blog/facebook/myspace, etc.